What is dispatch job?
Looking for a dispatcher job? Xpel1 is looking dispatchers for a Transportation and Logistics Dispatcher with great negotiating, sales, and multi-tasking skills. This is a position which requires experience in booking loads, dispatching for multiple fleet vehicles and must have EXCELLENT negotiating skills. You must be comfortable with working in a fast-paced environment, and have experience with load boards. Experience with computers, fast typing skills, and great communication skills are also preferred. Dispatching experience is preferred but not required.
Dispatcher Duties and Responsibilities
✔️ Previous dispatching experience. (Preferred)
✔️ Being able to effectively multi-task.
✔️ Receive all incoming calls for dispatch.
✔️ Efficiently dispatch units in a timely manner.
✔️ Perform basic data entry.
✔️ Microsoft and Google Knowledge.
✔️ Multi-language is preferred. (Russian/Spanish)
✔️ Plan and coordinate pick-up and delivery schedules.
✔️ Complete customer and carrier updates in a timely manner.
✔️ Familiar with the dispatching process.
- Receiving and responding to incoming calls, emails or messages.
- Gathering and verifying information from callers or clients.
- Assigning tasks or scheduling appointments for workers or service providers.
- Tracking the status and progress of tasks or services.
- Coordinating with other departments to ensure smooth operations.
- Maintaining accurate records and documentation of calls, tasks, or services.
- Monitoring and maintaining communication equipment or systems.
- Providing assistance or support to callers or clients.
- Following established protocols and procedures to ensure quality service.
- Identifying and reporting problems or emergencies to appropriate personnel.
- Staying up-to-date on policies, procedures, and regulations relevant to the Xpel1.
- Maintaining confidentiality and handling sensitive information with discretion.
- Generating reports or statistics related to calls, tasks, or services.
- Providing feedback or suggestions to improve processes or procedures.
Dispatch Job Description
Coordinating and scheduling tasks or services is the main function of a dispatcher job, typically in the transportation or logistics industry. To be a successful dispatcher, one must receive and respond to incoming calls, gather and verify information from clients, and assign tasks or schedule appointments for workers or service providers. Furthermore, they need to track the progress of tasks or services and maintain accurate records of all communication and performed tasks.
This role requires working in a fast-paced environment, often juggling multiple tasks at once. Excellent multitasking skills are a must, along with comfort in working with load boards. To be successful in this position, one should possess excellent negotiation, sales, and communication skills. Dispatchers should also be familiar with dispatching processes, have experience with basic data entry, and possess good computer skills.
Additionally, dispatchers are responsible for maintaining communication equipment and systems, coordinating with other departments to ensure smooth operations, and staying up-to-date on relevant policies and regulations. They should also provide callers or clients with assistance or support, report problems or emergencies to appropriate personnel, and generate reports or statistics related to calls, tasks, or services.
Dispatchers should be able to work independently and in a team environment, possess good problem-solving skills, and handle sensitive information with discretion. Fluency in multiple languages, such as Russian or Spanish, is preferred. While prior experience in dispatching is preferred, it is not required. Candidates should have a good understanding of Microsoft and Google applications, such as Word/Docs, Excel/Sheets, Outlook/Gmail.